Monday, August 6, 2007

hi mom!

Tonight my yoga teacher said she read this on the back of a motorcyclist's t-shirt, while driving up hwy 5 from los angeles:

Don't believe the hype! The heart is always right.

Remember that faraway time before the Mission was swarming with money babies in cheap oversize sunglasses puffing american spirit organics? Whenever I hear the phrase 'don't believe the hype' I think about my now-ex-husband riding in the back rack of the 14 Mission with two dudes and a boombox who were shouting it out with Public Enemy: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! when gunshots were fired into the bus windows from both sides of Mission Street.

but it is still true, it's true!

Don't believe the hype! The heart is always right

sitemeter shows san diego is reading this blog, I think it's my sweet mom. Hi Mom! This post is for you.

No comments: