I made a lot of grand claims here a few weeks back, and so I am posting in properly with an update on our advancement:
1. Brandon Brown's TAXT chapbook CAMELS! will be ready TUESDAY NIGHT! Published! Check! Jasper's DESEQUENCER is next. Brazil's SPY WEDNESDAY next next! John, can we talk? I don't know what to do about all those color pages. Alli? Geneva?
2. I bought a ticket to NEW YORK. When I told Brandon Brown I wanted to Skype in to my I agreed to give a reading at the Poetry Project, he looked at me with horror and disgust, and since Brandon Brown has fully supported every ass-backwards escapade I ever tried out on him or anyone, I knew it was time to cut the bullshit and show up. 2a. I sent the paperwork back. Today. I mean tomorrow, when it's Monday.
3. Chapbook promise #1, Passenger Ship, long-delayed (by me) for Carrie Hunter's Ypolita press: SENT! DONE! READY! (This is a kind of portable doll's house of almost-dirty stories. The first 'poems' I ever wrote. At age thirty. In a fiction workshop, with Dodie. It feels weird to publish them, can I preemptively disown/abandon? They're the violence and pornography latent in the childhood suite of pleather-bound Lousia May Alcott novels my grandparents gave to me. Or was the pornography latent in me.)
4. Listen for word re: TAXT reading/fundraiser in early December. Location TBD; suggestions welcome. Public space, not private home, please. If you've agreed to read/perform/participate, THANK YOU. More on this soon.
5. My job still requires the work of nine people 46 hours a day. I've put drinking, socializing, and sleeping on hold this month in order to accommodate.
In other news, I've been mainlining Hard Candy. Thanks, as ever, to Stephanie Young.